May 18, 2010

Just curious

Have you heard? There's a census going on.

I know. I was shocked. How did I miss this? Why hasn't the government spread the word on this one? Why all the secrecy? Whoops. I forgot, they did! A lot. So much so that I'm sick to death of the Snapshot of America commercial. Ick.

I was expecting a 15 page questionnaire of horrifically personal queries put forth by our nation's leaders. What I got was a page or two of: name, age, gender, race. Whoop-t-doo. What's the big stinking deal?

I know it's important for our government to know how many of us there are & how we're scattered about this great land. I grasp the need to know where to build parks, schools, hospitals, and the like. The census is, generally, a good thing.

What I really don't get about it: how hard is it to fill in those little blanks & shove it back in your mail box? Why are we paying thousands of people millions of dollars to go door to door to collect these same answers? Are we as a nation incapable of writing our names on a piece of paper & sending it back? Really, folks. Just fill out the paper.




Spelled L-E-E S-M-I-T-H.

Or Christopher Walken?

And while I'm on my soap box, Spencer Pratt is insane...and that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: