January 4, 2010

The road to Nowhere is paved with good intentions, too.

The FarmHands went back to school today. Husband went back to work. I had big plans. I was going to clean the house. I was going to cook lunch. I was going to organize things. I even considered exercising a bit.

Instead I watched What Happens in Vegas. I napped. I puttered around. I don't feel like I truly accomplished anything.

In truth, I unloaded & reloaded the dishwasher & washed a bunch of dishes by hand (not all, but most). I folded 2 loads of towels & 2 loads of clothes. I sorted out the kids toys, got rid of some stuff & reorganized the rest. I dug out a box for Bitsy to keep her new triplet magnet dolls from Aunt Silverbell in...she was having a tough time getting them in & out of their bag. I washed all the baby doll clothes that had collected in BabyGirl's closet. I collected all the coloring books & put them away. I collected books & reshelved them.

I guess that's something. I guess that's a lot of somethings. So why don't I feel accomplished?

No comments: