November 8, 2009

My Weekend in Bullet Points

  • slept in a bit Saturday morning
  • went to the furniture store to pick up a new bracket for the bunk bed ladder that broke 2 weeks ago
  • discovered it was the wrong bracket
  • went to a local state park to play, hike, and feed the ducks in the lake with the FarmHands
  • saw a young black rat snake in a tree while on our hike
  • came home & took a short nap while Husband wrangled three out of four FarmHands in the yard & BabyGirl sat in a serious time-out in her room
  • raked the front flowerbeds
  • roasted hot dogs & marshmallows over a small bonfire
  • bathed FarmHands
  • cleaned dishwasher
  • watched Ice Age 3 & Journey to the Center of the Earth
  • stayed home from church today due to a sleepless night, a short lived (thankfully) stomach issue, and a flu outbreak in our congregation
  • made 90% of Beck's ornament for Grandma M&M's Christmas tree
  • found a pattern on line for Grasshopper's ornament
  • loaded dishwasher
  • dug, divided, & replanted hostas, astibiles, and hybrid tiger lilies in flower bed
  • target shot with Husband
  • made & ate picnic lunch
  • went on an explore with Husband & the FarmHands on the ATV
  • did some Country Dump Diving (another post for another day...remind me sometime)
  • rode home on the 4-wheeler with 3 out of 4 kids crying/whining
  • put Bitsy down for a nap
  • cut both boys' hair
  • went on another explore with Husband & the FarmHands on the ATV
  • came home & emailed myself Grasshopper's ornament pattern
  • took Bitsy to Uncle E's to print off said pattern & return borrowed movies
  • came home & raked giant leaf pile for FarmHands to jump in
  • took lots of pictures
  • bathed FarmHands again
  • loaded dishwasher again
  • ran washing machine
  • made corn dogs for dinner
  • watched Nim's Island
  • blogged

2 comments:

Kork said...

that sounds so much more fun than my weekend was...mine was "accomplishing lots of things" - which feels good when done, but in the doing always makes me feel like I've missed out on something more exciting...sigh...

Glad you're feeling better...

Mama Brown said...

WOW...I'm plum tired after reading your very BUSY weekend!!! I'm sure if I sat down and made a list of everything we did, I'd fall asleep before I finished. :) Sounds like you had a great time. I hope to be a green thumb like you some day...you inspire me!!!