November 23, 2008

Dazed & Confused

Yesterday was a LONG busy day. It was a good day, but I think it has taken it's toll on me.

We woke up early (as Bitsy no longer thinks it's wise to sleep past 5:30) and lounged about for a bit before getting to work. Husband was out hunting and I was washing dog bedding. I heard a shot from the woods behind the house & a while later, the mighty hunter returned.

We had a nice but brief visit with QM before she headed south to get ready to come up again for Thanksgiving. She came bearing gifts (as usual) including a book for the FarmHands' book box for Christmas & PJ's for me & the girls that all match (I'll post a picture when I get one).

Aunt Anita & Uncle Greenteeth came in also bearing gifts. The FarmHands were thrilled with their plunder from Aunt Anita's stash. Coloring books, monster trucks, Christmas ornaments, hair bands, nail polish, a rubber duck, and M&M's all around! We had pot roast for lunch that received rave reviews & pie for dessert (note to self, email Aunt Anita pie recipe) then they had to head off for the birthday party they were in route to.

After that, I picked up the kitchen & Husband got his button buck ready to butcher (we do it at home). The next few hours were spent elbow deep in raw meat. Yeah me.

Then it was off to Uncle E's for an early dinner with Husband's family & a visit with an out of town cousin who can't make it back for the holidays. We'd finished eating & were chatting away when I suddenly feared my dinner was going to make a reappearance. Husband gathered the FarmHands & we came home. I bathed them quickly and sent them off to their father's care while I tucked in with Little Women & read for a bit before going to sleep around 6:30.

Today I'm feeling odd & out of sorts but no longer ill. Slightly dazed & emotionally confused. I am very thankful it is Sunday & my husband will not be working at all this week. Hopefully I'll be back to rights soon. (And in case you are wondering, No. I am not pregnant...Mom.)

1 comment:

Inkling said...

But you know, it would be so fun to have children just a few months apart. And just think, this would give you an excuse to buy a full-sized van, and hire a nanny with money you know you'd get after winning the settlement from a doctor who clearly missed the lesson on how to tie really good knots, if you know what I mean. And think of the new maternity fashions out there! They are doggone beautiful and sexy and cute all at once these days. And with said doctor's settlement, you could even buy those $225 maternity jeans I found at Destination Maternity. Maybe you'd even get an addition to your house out of the deal. After all, isn't that what malpractice insurance is for?

Ah, this could be so fun!