I cried because:
- BabyGirl has SPD. I want her to get up in the morning & dig through her closet & pick out something adorable & fashionable with no thought to it being "itchy" or "hot" or "bothering" her. I want the clothes horse that lives in my sister & myself to rear it's head in my daughter. She has the wardrobe for it. She just hates it.
- Before you think "How shallow!" What I really want is for my daughter to be laid back & not have to worry about her clothing. I want her to spend the time she spends stressing over clothes & fidgeting doing something she enjoys. I want her to be comfortable all the time. I want her to feel "normal."
- I want #1 Son to never ever be teased for being sensitive. It hasn't happened yet, but I fear it's coming. He is not effeminate, but he is sensitive & little boys don't often know the difference. I don't want him picked on because of who he is. Once again I'm worrying about something that hasn't even happened.
- I don't want B.B. to have to sit through anything remotely painful at the dentist. I don't want discomfort for him. I LOATH the dentist (flash backs of many cavities filled without Novocaine because my dentist offered, but never made me take the shots. I was terrified of shots, so I sat through fillings with no numbing at all....as a small child. What I didn't know hurt like heck!). I don't want my kids to hate the dentist. BabyGirl & #1 Son LOVE going. I don't want to pass on that phobia to them.
- I don't want BabyGirl to struggle in school. I want everything to come as easily to my kids in that department as it did to me in early grade school. I want them to breeze through.
I can do little to nothing about these issues. I can help out here & there, but I can't make life a cake walk for my kids. What kind of adults would that make them anyway?
I have good news: Aunt Anita's pathology results from her surgery came back clean today!! Thank the Lord! She is back in the hospital though. She had a lot of trouble a few nights ago & they discovered she was bleeding somewhere. The surgeon had to open her back up to make sure nothing was seriously wrong, so she's had 2 surgeries on her neck in less than a week. They think the doctor put her back on one of her heart meds too soon & that's what caused the bleed. She's hurting & sick, but hopefully she'll be out of the ICU soon & home to heal before next week.