April 13, 2008

One out of four ain't bad.

Bitsy has decided sleep is for wimps. And she is no wimp. Unfortunately, her mother is.

1950's B Horror Movies + Greek Tragedy + Rogers & Hammerstein + a dash of Monty Python + a mild hallucinogenic= Sweeny Todd. I loved it. Watch at your own risk.

At 1 in the morning the only things on are Deadliest Catch (which I hate...don't like "water shows" or "ice shows" & it's both) and True Caribbean Pirates on the History Channel. Got a little captain in ya?

Friday night we stopped by Busha & Bucka's to play after nearly being blown off the playground. Busha gave me a small stack of photos she'd found cleaning out the closet. I looked at the first one & was pleasantly surprised to find Bitsy staring back at me....31 years ago. Finally, a child that looks like me!! There was a second picture of me, Bubba, & our cousin Wammy. I'm setting so it's a profile shot. If not for the long banana curls QM put in my hair, it could be #1 Son. Husband doesn't see it...he's in denial.

BabyGirl has been the spitting image of her daddy from day one. #1 Son looks just like my daddy. B.B. is yet another miniature version of Husband. I just wanted one that looked like me. I think I've finally got her. Uncle E & D (our cousin) call Bitsy "Little FarmWife." Until now, I wasn't sure I agreed.

4 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Everyone tells me my kids look like their daddy, so I guess Im outta luck.

Kork said...

I keep hoping SOMEONE will tell me the muchkins look their mama, but so far, not a one...they only look like their daddy...and the daddy thinks 2 is plenty! poor me...

Mrs.X said...

I'm kind of scared that it might take having four kids to have one look like me. I think I can only handle two. At the most. I was an only child, can't you tell?

Of course, between you and me, I'd much prefer that they look like the hubby. He is much better looking than yours truly and has infinitely better eyesight.

FarmWife said...

Kork, for the record, the first time I saw a picture of Capt. Chaos I said, "Oh my word. Boy looks just like his Mama!!" It wasn't until I saw a picture of him sitting on B.B.'s lap that I thought he looked like his dad.