March 19, 2008

Thanks for sharing, Son.

I live for parent/teacher conferences. What parent doesn't really? To get a brief glimpse of how your child behaves when outside of your presence. It's truly fascinating.

In keeping with the general theme of this blog, #1 Son's teacher had an interesting anecdote to share with me today. Since the beginning of the school year he has had issues at snack time. Miss G instigated a two bite rule because #1 Son refused to try anything she offered. Today she told me he's getting better at snack time & has been eating more than the two required bites most days. Then she said, "I do have a story for you though." The words every parent longs to hear during a conference.

Miss G brought colored Goldfish crackers for snack one day. She passed them out, then asked the kids to find a purple goldfish in their pile. #1 Son got very concerned & raised his hand. When Miss G called on him he announced, "Miss G, my mom says I can only eat the orange goldfish 'cause the other ones make my poop come out different."

Oh boy.

5 comments:

Momma Val said...

I'm dyin'! Mine is only 14 months right now but I imagine as he grows life will get funnier . . . . . I hope.

Anonymous said...

omg..did you crawl under the table? thank goodness I didn't have to have one this week.

Brando said...

That is just great!!! LOL!!!

Mrs. Anweiler said...

That's great! You should hear the stories that aren't told at a parent/teacher conference!

FarmWife said...

Oh dear. Mrs. A, now you have me worried!! You should start another blog all about that.