February 10, 2007

The Daily Crazies

Husband is quietly snoring on the couch. The kids are quietly watching Little Bear on Noggin...well, they were until I started typing. Then BabyGirl went and jumped on Husband (not a wise move when he's sleeping) and the boys scattered. I'm beginning to wonder if they're ever going to settle down today.

We took the kids to Pizza Hut for lunch to redeem one of BabyGirl's Book-It coupons & have a late lunch. I'm not usually a fan of our Pizza Hut, but today it was good! Really good! Soft hand tossed crust with crispy toppings good. Too bad the kids weren't. They were OK, but a little wound up and crazy.

By the time we got home (after a quick stop at Wal-Mart and Rural King) they had slipped into full blow melt down. BabyGirl can't open her mouth without screaming, fighting, or getting very mouthy. #1 Son has whined, cried, and mumbled about everything. B.B. won't keep his diaper on, won't stay out of the fridge, and is generally making me crazy...I'm not sure if it's them anymore, or me. Am I so hormonally unbalanced that everything is making me insane?

I watched One Night With the King last night. It was pretty good, but I enjoyed the book much more. I usually do.

I am enjoying Wicked at the moment. I spent this morning wrapped in my new shawl, wearing my new slippers, sipping coffee from my new coffee cup, reading my new book, and eating Reece's hearts. Then when it came time to go to town I put on my new perfume, my new drama queen socks, my new pink shirt (which shows off the Bump very well...but only for another 2 weeks or so), my new "geisha" make-up, and my new hat before heading out. Have I mentioned how cool Art is?

Hey, it suddenly got quiet in here...

4 comments:

Mrs Pop said...

Oh! I really enjoyed Wicked... How are you liking it? I totally sympathized with her! He's written a sequel to it, too, but I can'tremember the name. :(

I started Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, but stopped about halfway through to read something lighter... I need to pick it back up.

Nan said...

The sequel is "Son of a Witch." I absolutely loved Wicked! Haven't read the sequel yet, but it's in my plans.

FW, Eliza is spending the night with me and wants to type a note to Baby Girl. Here it is.

when you and me gro up we can have are own club i am 6 yuirs old my name is eliza i dont no win we can make are club thangks.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to your morning. Mmmmm.

zann said...

We just watched One Night With The King tonight. I may have to read the book now, because I was unimpressed with the movie. It felt kind of like Princess Diaries meets Fiddler on the Roof meets the Bible. Very weird and not all how I've always pictured things. But I'm glad they are making movies with morals and values like that... so I won't complain.