January 2, 2007

New Year's Resoultion

OK, normally I do not make New Year's Resolutions. I break them, so what's the point. This year I will make one. This year I will revel in my pregnancy. This is to be my last and I resolve to fully enjoy it, even the aches and pains and hormonal misery.

I cannot wait to feel Baby kick and roll. I will lay on the couch with my shirt pulled up and watch the waves. I will put fresh batteries in my Bebe sounds and spend hours seeking a heart beat in utter futility (it never really works for me). I will allow old women in Wal-Mart to fuss over me and feel my belly without complaint. I will smile gracefully at & immediately forgive everyone who asks, "Haven't you two figured out what causes that yet?" or makes other rude remarks about the size of our family. I will relish every pound gained, my swollen feet, the night time trips to the bathroom, the two months I have to use my great-grandmother's walker to get to the bathroom in the night (not an exaggeration), the stretch marks and popped out belly button, the too many ultra-sounds (why does no one mention how uncomfortable they can be?), my maternity clothes, and the months it takes to dig out & organize all those tiny clothes. I will pack my suit case for the hospital wisely & early and make my own birth announcements (maybe). I will enjoy my pregnancy.

I will not enjoy my C-Section. I will not enjoy the pain, the gas, the bloating, the catheter, the agony that occurs every time my uterus contracts, the first time I have to sit up, the first time I have to go to the bathroom, the first walk down the hall, the hunched over shuffle I will do in place of walking for 2 full weeks, the terror that someone small will hit my incision site, the horror of the thought of driving myself anywhere in the first 4 weeks after delivery...I will not relish delivery.

I will relish my new baby. My last baby. The one who will forever be too young to do that! The one who will either get away with nothing because her/his siblings have gone before or who will get away with everything because we're too worn out to deal with it. I will nurse this baby without complaint as it will be the last time I nourish another soul from my own body. I will cuddle and smell and rock and sing and soak up every moment of the baby hood of my last baby. I will thank the Good Lord that I knew in advance to do all this as it will be my last chance. I will love my baby, and watch my other babies love their new sibling.

On a totally different train of thought: Husband made B.B. some chocolate milk today while I was at the doctor's. When I came home he told me the powdered chocolate milk mix didn't dissolve at all. I had used some earlier and it was fine, but it is getting old and not my favorite brand. Later he saw the mix setting on the counter and said, "Oh, is that the chocolate milk mix? That's not the one I used." As it's the only one in the house, I was a little confused...until I realized he had put baking coco in the baby's sippy cup!!! "You aren't putting this on your blog are you?" Uh...yes.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

VERY good resolution. And while I almost added a comment referencing the movie you referred to in your other post, I didn't. Hee hee. Glad you like your new title. Hope hubby is happy, too.

Anita said...

Farm Wife, I am glad that you will enjoy your pregnancy. I miss those days. I am thrilled that you are having number 4. I was expecting there to be a 5 and 6. So, "ponder these things in your heart" and remember them well. I like your new title as well.
I think Farm Husband is a pretty good guy, and only looking out for you.

Nan said...

I like the title, too. No doubts about what it means.

I'd like to know what B.B. thought about the milk his dad fixed him! That cocoa is pretty bitter stuff.

FarmWife said...

Husband said he didn't seem to mind it, but he packed that cup around all day. He usually drinks it all right away.