January 1, 2007

The Debate Continues

Thank you all very much for your input. I didn't think when I wrote that last post that this would create the tempest that it did. The debate even rolled over into our visit with my family yesterday. Daddy called my blog up on his phone in G'ma M&M's living room and was going to read the comments, but after getting half way through Inkling's second comment (not reading aloud) decided it wasn't something he wanted to get in the middle of.

I do understand Husband's point of view on this. I do love my title. I have discovered I can change my title without loosing my blog. This is something I will give some more thought to. Now, don't think I'm "caving" by saying I'm going to think on this. I figure if Husband thought my title sounded risque, there are probably others out there who think the same (and yes, they may all be men, but what can a gal do?). He is not particularly dirty minded. Maybe we can come to a good compromise, or I can subtitle my blog...much in the style of the Mackenzie Brothers: The Adventures of Bob and Doug Mackenzie- Strange Brew. I could be (insert new and fabulously creative blog title)- formerly known as Confessions of a City Gal.

So now maybe instead of voting on whether or not to keep "Confessions" we should vote on a new title. I will only change it if the proposed title is one dazzlingly inspired and fits me to a tee...and in the end, I feel like I need to change it. I will not do away with "Confessions," it's part of my history now. Even if it is only in the description, it must stay...but enough on that for now. If you have any input, please share!

Yesterday went smashingly well! Husband decided to go with the kids and me to Grandma's birthday celebration. I was immensely thankful for that. Not only was I glad to spend the time sequestered in the van with him (with no animals or farm chores to draw his attention), but I didn't have to drive, and it made my family very happy that he came.

There was a large turnout for Grandma's open house...the house was open (it got hot and we had to open some windows) and packed to the gills. Eventually Husband and Silver Belle's two boys (who are 23 and 21) took my trio into the basement to keep them out from under feet (and the Christmas tree) and watch Man Vs. Nature. Queen Mother brought them up one at a time to introduce them to important people (like Gloria Mae and Marj...for Inkling). Grandma sat perched on a high stool behind Grandpa's recliner so she could greet and hug all her guests. The big table was loaded with cake and cookies and punch. Once the crowd thinned down a bit, my kids took up residence under the big table and stole cookies (which they had helped lay out just before they helped Aunt D make the punch) to their little sugar hyper hearts' content. It was a good party.

We came home and I decided to take down the tree...after bathing the kids, the dog, and making frozen pizza. I got the ornaments and lights stripped and packed away, the mantle and entertainment decor boxed up, and all the boxes stashed back in the closet. Today the tree comes down and I get half my living room back...well, for the 10 minutes before it fills up with toys again.

No, we did not ring in the New Year. We went to bed by 10:45...party poopers that we are. We did let the kids stay up until after 9...that's partying around here!

And much thanks to Inkling for the grape jelly (that I'm about to have on toast) and body washes she sent down with her parents!! Just one question, you gave me 3 aroma therapy body washes: relaxation, calming, and stress relief...are you trying to tell me something? :) I love you!

And as you may have noticed, my Avatar is finally displaying her Christmas Spirit...I changed her when I changed my blog template. For some reason, it took 2 weeks for the change to go through...strange.

Hope your New Year is blessed and happy and safe!

10 comments:

Grace said...

I'm definitely gonna have to think on the possible new title... that's a tough one... "confessions" is just you!!

Dangit, now I'm mad at myself for not getting in the car and driving over for the open house yesterday!! Oh well, regrets do nothing, huh!!

I got some of those grape preserves too!! I was actually rather impressed, our Inkling is becoming quite the little domestic goddess isn't she!! Although I put it on the boys P.B.&J right after we got it and they wanted to know why their jelly tasted different. Oh well, I really didn't wanna share anyway!!

FarmWife said...

Grace,I don't plan on sharing mine! :) It's my perogative.

As to titles, my new thought runs along the lines of "Memoirs of a Farm Wife - fomerly known as Confessions of a City Gal"

Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Desperate Farm Wife? Ok my bad..Farm Wife in the Country instead of Sex in the City? Ok my bad. Farm Wife & Farm Boy? Farmwife Lost in the Sticks? Confessions of a cityslicker farm wife? ok..ok....all are bad..

Go with memoirs of a Farm Wife.

Brando said...

Okay, we have been AOL with Pilot and Needles visiting the In-laws. I am not sure where in the problem lies. Maybe it is a man thing? Confessions of a City Gal in my mind... person tells happenings/adventures/things they did or are doing and they live or lived in the city and are a girl.

HHHmmmmm....

I will ask Rudy to post maybe he sees something that I don't.

Rudy said...

Rudys Memoirs is MY blog however I will share because I am not stingy with these types of things. However grape jelly, you would have to pry for my cold dead hands. he he he Good luck on the title but I see nothing wrong with the original.

Ramblin73 said...

I can say that the first time I read your blog or any time after that I didn't think your title or any content in your blog was suggestive. I think he is being protective but maybe overly so. It would be different if you had suggestive content or even gave names but anyone thinking the title "might" be suggestive would find out otherwise after about 10 sec. of reading. I don't think my 2 cents worth will help but there it is.

PS. We have frequently called other bloggers by their blog name. Ragged, Rudy, Brando, Cynical, Needles and myself Ramblin... You will still be Farm Wife even if the title changes. Good Luck in YOUR choice.

Anonymous said...

How about:

Everything on the Farm

Everything But the City

My Everything

*sorry kind of stuck on the word "everything"

Lauren said...

I like the original... Memoirs makes it sound like your dead, or dying. No offense, rudy.

emily said...

I missed the whole thing! If I had been involved in the debate, I would have said this..."Sometimes with my husband (much like my kids), I have to choose my battles. And for me, the name of my blog isn't worth it. I'd just change it and make him feel like he's won something, he's protecting me, etc." That's what I WOULD have said. Looks like you made out just fine.

Rudy said...

lauren said...
I like the original... Memoirs makes it sound like your dead, or dying. No offense, rudy.

9:02 PM

None taken. The dead and dying like grape jelly too.