July 6, 2006

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Mini-Van???

I was hit. That's it. There ain't no more. Well, that's not entirely true. I had taken the two oldest into town for checkups and promised them ice cream from McDonald's. I was in the turn lane slowing down to come to the intersection when a woman in a Venture hit my Astro just in front of the passenger front door. It was the other woman's fault and now I'm praying there won't be a major fight with her insurance. There was nothing I could do to prevent it, so I'm not wanting to pay a deductible...long story short, please pray...it'll be Monday before I hear back from her insurance. She's out of town until Saturday night. The kids and I are fine...no one was hurt. For that I am incredibly thankful.

In much better news...Princess had her ultra-sound yesterday. H.T. is a boy!!!! #1 Son is thrilled. Baby Girl...not so thrilled. She's holding out from forming her opinion until she sees him. We're hoping she decides he's a keeper. Congrats!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you're alright... Here's hoping there's no drama with the insurance....

Nan said...

That's a terrible thing to go through. I bet your kids have a great story to tell now though. Kids love stuff like that AFTER it's over.

I'm so glad you are all ok, and hope the insurance isn't a hassle.

Ramblin73 said...

Glad you all are OK. Keep us posted on the rest.

Inkling said...

I think you should ask the guy who does the body work to paint fiery racing stripes down the side of your van. Just a thought....

Mom told me about what happened. I'm soooo glad you are okay. I'm just sorry you have to deal with insurance and all of that.

Congrats on Princess' little guy-to-be. I can't wait to see pictures when he actually arrives.

Henry David sends his love to you all, and we want you to know that your children are very photogenic. Our wedding photos are online, and the one of your youngest in glasses is a hoot. Not to mention your eldest looking across between Marilyn Monroe and someone going to see a 3D movie. =) Have your mom show you how to get online and see them if you get a chance, or call my mom.

Talk to you soon! love & oodles of hugs....your cousin with a wedding ring

Inkling said...

p.s. in case I forget to tell you this when I call you.......I saw these two little boys with special light-weight long sleeve shirts on in the pool. Their moms were saying that they were both allergic to sunscreen, so they'd found what amounted to "surfer" shirts for them to be able to play outside. Granted, it's not fun to be in long sleeves when it's hot, but they didn't appear to mind since they were busy splashing in the pool. I don't know if you can find them near you, but you might find it worth your time to ask your mom to check for you. It's basically a stretchy, form-fitting material that's very breathable. It looked almost exactly like what the surfer's wear to protect themselves from the sun and board-burn. Just an idea so #1 Son doesn't have to stay cooped up for the rest of his life.......and so your sanity stays intact. =) love you!