February 20, 2006

It's Official!

I have known this for nearly a week, but I didn't feel it was my right to leak information. Inkling and Henry David are engaged!!! He proposed on Valentine's Day at 6,000 feet. What'll those crazy Canadians think of next?

You really should drop by and read her version of it. I won't go into detail now. I'll just scream CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Is it possible to throw a virtual Wedding Shower? The big day is near the end of May.

In other news Baby Girl has an ear infection. She was complaining of a sore throat so I rushed her off to the doctor's today. Actually we saw the Nurse Practitioner (I love her!) and she said there was definitely an ear infection, and possibly strep throat again. I did not opt for the strep test because it would make no difference in the way Baby Girl was treated. Antibiotics again. These are white and she's not happy. Augmentin this time.

And "The Great Dane Lady" we're getting Luke from called me this afternoon. Zoe, the mother dog, passed away this weekend. She developed a uterine infection and had to have a hysterectomy. The vet said the infection was too sever and she died later that day (I think). "TGDL" was devastated, not suprisingly. She said her vet gave the go ahead for the pups to go home early since they were no longer with their mom.

This means by the weekend we'll be house breaking not one, but two Great Dane pups. It's a good thing they're a quick study!

4 comments:

Nan said...

I went to her site and read about her engagement. She had a beautiful post, sweet and funny. I didn't leave a comment because it seemed like such a personal thing that she was sharing with her close friends.

I can tell how happy you are for her. Good friends are a true blessing.

On another note, so sorry about the mama dog. Hope all goes well with the pups.

Inkling said...

I had to smile when I read that comment just now. That's exactly how I feel when I peek in and read the blogs linked to Farm Wife's. I've been wanting to post links to the same blogs Farm Wife reads on my own blog, but was too shy since I don't really "know" you all. I think we should have another national de-lurking day so we can do what we used to do in Kindergarten when we asked another if we could be friends. Who wants to ask Pres. Bush if he can declare another one, just for kicks? Farm Wife, maybe you should all introduce us by having an online tea party or something. How about it? We could borrow Baby Girl's tea party set for the occasion. =)

FarmWife said...

That's agreat idea! I'll see what I can do!

Mrs Pop said...

About Augmentin... My son had to take that several times and HATE, HATE, HATED it! Here's what you do... Mix the does with a dab of apple juice (or any other juice), and pull it all back up into a syringe, then shove it her mouth, calling it "candy juice." It worked wonders for my finicky medicine-taker. Also, ask your pharmacist if they can do flavor shots in the prescription to make it taste better. Or, if it's only the color, put a drop of food coloring in it. Just some thoughts. My son recently got tubes put in because he got 5 ear infections between November and January. Ugh!