June 12, 2009

The wonderful world of retail employment

So last night Princess called me. She has a wonderful job. She's in charge of first floor visuals at Macy's. That means she's the one that dresses the mannequins & puts up the Christmas trees & hangs all those huge *ONE DAY SALE* signs from the rafters. She loves her job (even though she's not crazy about the customers who get irritated when she tells them she cannot ring up their latest purchase of Dockers & Ralph Lauren polos).

Back to her phone call....I said, "Hello?" & she says, "What size bra do you wear?" This is the normal gist of our phone calls. Not really unusual at all. Earlier this week it was, "What size is Bitsy wearing now?" Occasionally it's, "Do you know what your perfect nephew did to me today?"

Back to her phone call one more time....I told her (not telling you...so there...Pbth) & she said, "OK, cool. We're having a sale at work. $4.95 for bras. Plus my discount. I got 4 for around $13 today. What kind do you like? Underwire, no underwire, padding, push up, molded cup?" So we further discussed the pros & cons of bra styles & she said she'd see what she can find for me today.

I love having a sister that works retail. Especially a sister who loves to shop & is pretty much the same size I am. I get really awesome clothes for way cheap (like the time she got me 2 pairs of jeans for $10 each that were originally $80 jeans), really cute shoes for way cheap (like my $45 hot pink Chuck Taylor's for $5), and tons of hand me downs from Princess's closet.

My brother-in-law on the other hand, would like to have a closet of his very own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky duck!!

Unknown said...

hello...I tagged you.Hope you don't mind!S