October 10, 2008

And the winner is.....

You know you live in the country when the schools let out for the first day of deer season & the Homecoming Queen wears a Camo dress & lists "hunting, fishing, and camping" as her interests to be read at the crowning!

I love it here!! Seriously. Even though Beffie didn't get the crown. She was one of the 5 Seniors up for Homecoming Queen this year. She was adorable in her orange dress & sparkly hair thingies. And her boyfriend, QB, looked dashing in his shirt & tie. They made a lovely couple.

I have to say, a parade with 6 cars carrying girls, 4 class floats, and one small marching band is just the right length of parade to take 4 small children too...and just the right amount of candy thrown at them! The FarmHands LOVED it!

2 comments:

Gail said...

I think we live in the same area!
Love your humor and way with words.
I needed to smile this morning.
Thanks, Gail

Lisa said...

Sounds like my kind of place :)