May 15, 2008

Houston, We have Zune

If you don't hear from me for a few days it's because I've entered the world of Zune & may never return. 700+ songs. 150 or so pictures. I still have 71G left to fill. I'm hurriedly ripping my entire CD collection (including our extensive collection of Veggie Tales CD's) into my computer. This could take a while...well, not really. I don't have that many CD's.

In the meantime I've learned that those brief moments of feeling decent in the midst of a horrible head cold should be used to their full advantage. As of 8 am I had scrubbed both bathrooms, made tea, folded & put away 2 loads of laundry, washed one load and had a second washing, washed the big dishes left over from yesterday, made the boys' beds, scrubbed both bathrooms, vacuumed the entire house, cleaned up from breakfast, dressed & sent 2 off to school, & picked up the kitchen.

Now Husband is fixing the drywall in the kids bathroom...why, you ask? Because #1 Son didn't believe me when I said hanging from the towel rack was a bad idea. This has been a problem from the time we moved in. I guess it was only a matter of time....but I'm still not happy. I was making BabyGirl's breakfast when I heard a crash. I ran to the bathroom to find the boy sitting on the bath mat looking rather confused & very worried. He had every right to be worried. When the rack came down it brought big chunks of dry wall with it! Grrr...

3 comments:

Kork said...

Are you sure that #1 Son is a boy? Every time you talk about him, he sounds more like a monkey...climbing and jumping and the like...

I'm proud of you for what you accomplished this morning, and I think you deserve a nap while the other 2 are at school...and you can use duct tape to keep the other 2 out of trouble...lots and lots of duct tape

Anonymous said...

My oh My..Is #1 son gonna help daddy pay for the drywall with extra chores around the house or help daddy with the wall now? Kork I think #1 son is TARZAN.. Half man half ape. Hope you feel better soon. Have fun with ZUNE!! (lol..I almost said ZOOM!!)

Anonymous said...

I think that #1 Son was preparing for his trip to Dinosaur World. Never know when you'll need the strength in those arms to climb a tree to escap the ever threatening Tryannosaurus Rex! He may even need the strength developed during those pull ups to save Grammy and Pa. Go easy on the boy! It's difficult enough being a super hero without having to worry about finding a suitable gymn where you can stay in shape.