Inkling was tagged earlier this week/late last week. I decided to play along, but got side tracked. It's an interesting format & is currently keeping me from unleashing the beast upon my children who are once again snow bound & testy.
So, here's the deal: post 5 material wishes & 5 spiritual/deeper wishes. And so with little fore thought, here we go:
1. A playroom with lots & lots of shelves. Heck, lets roll the entire house into this...what I really want is a serious Organizational overhaul for my entire house. I'm overwhelmed at the thought of this. I have junk drawers & junk cabinets & junk boxes tucked away under junk beds. Junk closets with junk shelves & things living in odd places. I suspect my house eats things...like toys, books, stationary, baby sunglasses. I need Ikea (or whoever those people are) to come in and organize my home so my inner Martha can go back to sleep & stop bugging me at 3 am.
2. A new truck for my husband. The Goatmobile is limping along pathetically. I worry that he'll be hiking down the highway at 3 am (as I lie in bed worring over the state of our closets).
3. Very sturdy bunk beds for my children. 'Nuff said.
4. A guest house. This is a big one. I know, but these are wishes. A little cabin with a kitchenette/living room, a bed room & bathroom so we can have guests. Husband doesn't deal well with overnight guests (it stems from his upbringing), but I love having company. We need a Daudi haus (an Amish mother-in-law suite).
5. A beautiful Mid-century inspired livingroom set. OK, so once my children are grown & I don't have to spend my time telling them to quit jumping on the furniture. And I need floor to ceiling book shelves to deal with my ever-expanding book collection.
1. A girlfriend who lives in my area. I'm not sure you'd call this spiritual, but it is a little deeper than my desire for a new sofa. Yes, I do have friends & there are some near me, but I really don't have anyone I can call up & go hang out with on a regular basis. I think this stemms more from my tendancy to be shy than a lack of real opportunity. I need to get out of my shell...out of my comfort zone. It's also a tad hard to get away with Husband working evenings & 4 kids to keep track of. Maybe I'll just wish that Art would migrate North. That would so totally rock!!
2. Patience. Loads & Loads of patience. And hand in hand with patience, I need creativity. That's the thing that terrifies me about the prospect of home schooling. I am not terribly patient, I am not gifted in teaching, and I think I would run out of ideas in about three days.
3. Self-control. I am lazy. I am self-centered. I need a kick in the pants most days to get anything accomplished. This is not good. What I really want is a desire to be that Woman from Proverbs who's more precious than rubies. That is a real wonder woman & I want to be her...but oh, the work!!
4. A closer relationship with my husband. I adore him. We are well paired. We get along well. But there are times (many times) when I feel like we're just plugging along. We spend most of our times dealing with things & not being with each other. We need alone time that does not include a trip to the store.
5. I want my first love back. I want to get back to a place where God is my primary focus. I want the desire to spend time in the Word & in prayer. I want a meaningful relationship with the Lord. I don't want to feel like prayer and devotionals are just more chores to add to my list.
Feel free to play along. Leave me a comment & let me know if you do.