January 27, 2007

In the middle of the night....

Fezzik

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti


I am all about the Princess Bride. Thanks, Zann! If the picture works...I'm having issues.

As I am sick and tired of blogging about being sick and tired, I have no clue what else to blog about. So, I may hang up my coveralls until something happens. Then again, maybe not. If I don't gripe to you, who am I going to gripe to?

Lately, I haven't been sleeping well (cough keeping me awake). This week I've caught up on My So Called Life on The-N, about an hour and a half of Gone With The Wind, and tonight Mars Attacks. Claire Danes in all her flannel wearing, Jared Leto loving, teen angst driven, mid-'90's drama, Scarlett and Rhett and the unrequited love of Ashley Wilkes, and possibly Tim Burton's strangest film...and that's really saying something. Guess I could watch Anne Shirley instead, but that would involve the effort of getting up to put it in...and at 3:30 in the morning, I reserve the right to be L-A-Z-Y!

Last night I took the kids to Uncle E and Aunt C's for an hour so I could get a handle on the mess that is my house. I got the kitchen cleaned up, the floor mopped, the toys all moved into the appropriate bedrooms, vacuumed the living room, and Lilly's blankets washed...and no one tried to kill their sibling during the entire hour (at least not to my knowledge). I called Beffie' to see if they could watch the kids after B.B. stole my glass of Sprite and dumped it in the hall way as I was moving out the trash cans to mop the kitchen. That's when I realized it was all a futile effort with the bambinos under foot. Now I feel slightly better about the state of my home. At least the public areas are clean.

I won't even mention the state of the kids rooms or the bathrooms...it's better left unsaid. Maybe tomorrow...Husband doesn't have to work. We have to go in and sign for our taxes and I have to make a grocery run, but other than that, I think we're in the clear.

Now if only I could stop coughing and having daily sinus headaches...Ahhh, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

When PUmpkin wakes up freakishly early, one of the ONLY benefits is watching reruns of My So Called Life on The-N. Man, did I love that show when it first came out. The whole Angela/Jordan drama-angsty-like-love thing just was the bee's-knees for me. Swoon. Of course, 10+ years later, I watch it and think... "He's JUST USING YOU ANGELA!!!!!!"

needlefingers said...

Okay, go get yourself some Nyquil Cough formula. Not the off-brand, either. Oh, wait a minute. I forgot. Baby-to-be probably wouldn't like a hangover, would he/she? Drat, 'cause it's really good stuff. :( Sorry.

How about a mug of hot water, 2 T. lemon juice and honey to your liking? I loved hot lemonade when I sick as a kid, or even when I wasn't. Haven't made it for myself in years. (no lemon juice in the house)

Unknown said...

Hi! Any time you want to moan, you just go ahead. This blogging is a release valve for us all.And don't worry about the stae of your house - mine is a mess and I haven't been ill. My man says its because I blog too much !! Sarah

emily said...

Oh the flannel! The angst! I loved it.

Don't worry about the house this weekend. Try to take it easy.

You're growing a human, you know. You totally have a free pass. For anything. Use it while you can!

Did said...

First off, I'm terribly sorry you've had such a rough few weeks. Here's hoping you start feeling amazing for a change - not just healthy, but amazing!

I haven't read your blog since just before the New Year. For some reason, when I do, I can't just read a little...I have to start where I left off and READ THEM ALL.... I think it's time you tried out your scrapbooking - you need a hobby other than blogging three times a day. It took me two hours to catch up. And now I have to catch up on Art's and write in my own!!!

Anonymous said...

I never got into that show. you come here vent, gripe, complain and rejoice. how else are we gonna know how you are that day. (But I know what you mean)Hugs and hoping/praying your weekend looks up

Did said...

I forgot to mention how cool I think it is that you're Fezzik - he was always my favorite.

Oh, and for the record, your blog is on my "favorites" list as Confessions of a City Gal, so it will always be that to me. Not that I really mind the new title. I think it's fine to have a blog with an identity complex...