January 24, 2007

Bump Watch '07

Ladies and Gentleman, we interrupt your regularly scheduled blog reading to bring you this important late breaking story.

Last night around 8 pm, there was a confirmed sighting of the Bump. The Bump was seen residing on my lower torso, tucked neatly between bony hips, just under my rib cage. It has long been suspected that said Bump was lurking under the surface. Previous Bump sightings have been reported, but in the past the Bump would disappear in the light of day. This may be our first confirmed and sustained Bump sighting...not to be confused with sighting of celebrity bumps that are merely a result of a good dinner (see Angelina Jolie's latest OK magazine cover).

Experts are puzzled by the Bump. "It appears to be benign as nothing has erupted from it requiring Sigourney Weaver to decapitate it, but we are continuing to closely monitor the Bump," said Dr. B. Finklestein, director of the North American Society for the Study of Bumps (NASSB).

It has been suggested that the Bump may be responsible for El Nino, Conflict in the Middle East, a closet full of clothing that no longer fits me, the recent movement in Canadian Immigration Forms, and a noticeable drop in gas prices. Although we can find no supporting evidence for these claims, we will continue to track this story and report our findings to you.

Thank you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh thanks for the laugh this morning sweety. give your bump a great big hug for me.

Lauren said...

Aww... how fun!

Queen Mother said...

I know there must be a great deal of truth in her finding, because I know that Dr. B. Finklestein is outstanding in her field.

Grace said...

This is said with the utmost love and respect.... you're a nutcase!! LOL Enjoy "the bump", that's all I ever had with Prophet, and with him being my first I wanted a huge belly for everyone to see... never happened!!

Nan said...

Too funny!!!

zann said...

oh my goodness, you are a nut.
That was very very cute.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I'm giddy over all of the baby talk.