March 28, 2006

Just a quick note.

I realize I have written more today than I can expect any but the most obsessive readers to finish, but I forgot something of vast importance. 9 years ago today, this really cute guy asked me out. We were at a rehearsal for a wedding that never took place (that's a story in its self) and he had been trying to get me alone all night. His cousin wouldn't take the hint and his sister kept trying to drag the cousin off to see wedding decorations. Cousin wasn't taking her bait. Eventually she got him to follow her out and the afore mentioned cute guy immediately turned to me and said, "So, would you like to go out with me sometime?" "Yeah, that sounds fun." And that was it. Little did I know...What happened to the cousin and sister you may ask? They came out of the bathroom at that moment. Him with a diaper on his head. Her laughing like a crazy woman.

7 comments:

Nan said...

This makes me want to know more...more...more

Signed, An Obsessive Reader

Ramblin73 said...

You must be psychic or maybe I am. Check my new posting for a clue of what I am talking about. :)

anonymous jones said...

Hi Farm Wife, thanks for visiting my blog! I hope your Grandpa will be OK. I know exactly what you mean by 'the phone call'. I have no grandparents, my Dad died 20 weeks before my son was born, and now my Mum (who had me quite late in life) is in high care in a nursing home from a stroke. Luckily, she was baptized recently. I hate death, it sucks.

Inkling said...

Yikes! Farm Wife, I'm just catching up on your blog after being internet-less with Henry David all this past week. You simply can't leave on April 29th! I will croak! Sell eggs, package your own bacon, or rent out your husband to grill pork burgers for people in states unfamiliar with the delicacy. Let Baby Girl go naked and save money on having to buy clothes. But, please, please, don't leave your spot on the worldwide web. We'll be lost without you!!!!!

zann said...

You know how you'll read something and then maybe think about it later. this is one of those instances. When I first read this little note. I envisioned "Cousin" as being an adult. I thought it was really odd that he would come out of the bathroom with a diaper on his head... but I was reading quickly during work and not necessarily comprehending.
A few minutes ago it suddenly hit me.. ooooooh... Cousin was a little boy - not and adult.

How oblivious can you get? I guess I immediately envision cousins as being older because all of mine are older. This post makes a lot more sense now.

FarmWife said...

No Zann, your first impression was correct. Cousin was an adult. He's just a few months older than I am. SIL couldn't think of anything to show him to get him to leave us alone so she took him in the bathroom and put a diaper on his head.

zann said...

oooooh kaaaaaay - now that does definately make the story ...uh... different. What an intersting memory to have. LOL